Privacy & Cookies
Privacy statement Bretoniere: last update 16th of May, 2018
This privacy statement will be used by Bretoniere Retail NL B.V., Bretoniere Wholesale NL B.V., Bretoniere Online NL B.V, and will be called ‘Bretoniere’ in this statement.
Via Bretoniere’s websites www.freddelabretoniere.com and www.shabbiesamsterdam.com, privacy sensitive data will be gathered. These data is called personal data. We carefully collect and secure these data, and it is our highest priority to protect this data carefully. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obligated to ensure and respect the confidential matter of this data.
Eventual website mutations or changes may lead to changes in this privacy statement.
We follow the requirements of the privacy law by processing the data
This means furthermore that;
- we explain clearly for what matters we use these personal data. We will explain this via this privacy statement
- our collection of personal data is limited to the data that is considered necessary in order to reach or stated targets.
- we will ask you for the permission to use your personal data in cases when your permission is required
- take proper security measures to protect your personal data, and demand this also of third parties that process your personal data by our instructions
- we will respect your right to (re)view your personal data, and thus offer it to your for inspection, or to delete or correct it.
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and for which goal we use it. We recommend you to read this statement carefully.
1. Usage of our website
While you use our website, you will leave certain data. This can be personal data. Personal data is collected by us via diverse ways. For example, when you order an article via our website, we ask you to leave certain personal data in order to process the order.
It is also possible to create an account on our website. This is mainly for you as customer to create insights in your (previous) orders and to maintain a wish list. When a customer visits our websites via laptop, tablet, smartphone and more, personal data is gathered.
While you are using our website, we gather the following data (this is depends on the data you leave behind yourself, for example by ordering a product, participating in a competition or by creating an account):
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- (Shoe) size
- Technical data concerning the equipment you use (for example, your smartphone/laptop/tablet or a store order via a kiosk) like IP-addresses, MAC-addresses and the used software
- Your surf behavior on the website, which includes click rate and the duration of your visit on our website
- Payment details
- Order history
- Login data of your account
Previous mentioned data will be used for the following causes:
- To offer you the possibility to order articles via our website and to use all functionalities our websites have to offer.
- To process your order and to inform you about the progress of this process
- To communicate with our customers via our digital newsletters and mail
- To show you personalized advertisements and content on websites of Bretoniere. This is based on your interests and online purchase history.
- To send you personalized news letters, based on your interest and online purchase history.
- To process your data for possible participation on contests and other actions, in order to contact you when you win something
- To respond to your questions or complaints via social media, e-mail, mail or via telephone
- To improve the services we offer on our websites, shops and assortments. We do this based on your preferences, conducted market and customer surveys and the usage of our websites by visitors.
Customers and website visitors are obligated to share their personal data in order to the purchase a product. It is a necessary condition to share an agreement with Bretoniere. When the data are not shared, Bretoniere is not able to fulfill the obligations, or we are not able to assure that you will fulfill your obligations.
Bretoniere collect and processes these personal data, which are provided by the visitor/customer when agreeing with the agreement, permission or legitimate interest.
2. Post, e-mail and phone
As as customer, it is possible that you will contact us with questions or complaints per e-mail, mail or per phone. In that case, we will contact you to solve this question or complaint. At last, it is possible that we collect your data via contests and other promotions if you participated. This is also the case if you participated in a market- or customer research.
3. Social media
In addition to that, it is also possible to us to gather information via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). For example, when you contact us with a question or when you participate in a contest. In that case, we will use your username so we are able to answer your message.
We will send you newsletter if you gave us permission to do so. Every newsletter contains a link which gives you the possibility to unsubscribe from the mailing list. It is also possible for you to unsubscribe via our customer service.
Your personal data will be saved up to seven years after a purchase. This is for the benefit of service, warranty, analysis and commercial purposes for example suggested repeat purchases.
Disclosure to third parties
Bretoniere will in certain circumstances share personal data with third parties, when necessary for the implementation of goals which are stated in the privacy statement.
When you bought the product online this contains also:
- The company which is responsible for your order delivery
- Hosting parties of the website
- The payment provider
When you bought the product in our brand stores:
In general, this is anonymous, unless you use a loyalty card. In that case, your name and email address is known at Bretoniere. These data is only used for promotions for Loyalty card members.
We do not share your data to other parties if you did not give permission to do this, unless it is required by law. For exampleit is possible that the police will request information form us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
We combine your personal data from several sources. We do this to offer you the best online shopping experience. We do this by connecting several data, like account data, purchase history, but also your surf behavior on our website on diverse devices as laptop, tablet, phone. It is also possible that we add information to your data with data from public sources such as the land register or sources where you have given permission for the use intended by Bretoniere. We only do this when this is legally permitted.
By combining your data out of several resources, we can send you personalized offers and personalized content on our website or websites of third parties, that match your interest and purchase history. Also our online folder and newsletter are personalized for you in this way. By this way we can create more interesting oofers for you.
If you want to use all functionalities on our websites, then it is necessary that you accept our cookies. By your first visit, a pop-up display will come up in which you can accept these cookies. You do this by closing the notification, or by extending your visit on our website.
Do you want to delete our cookies , or do you want to delete all cookies on your device? Click on this link how you can turn off the cookies for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Security personal data
Bretoniere insists on the security of personal data. We are required by law to ensure the proper security of your personal data. For this reason we have taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data:
- A good password policy
- Setting up authorizations
- Personal data are stored on Bretoniere servers or are adequately secured at suppliers with which Bretoniere has concluded a processing agreement
- Processing of personal data is registered in a register
- Establishing of a procedure for testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures at regular intervals.
- It is possible in a physical or technical incident to timely restore the availability of and access to the personal data
Bretoniere uses the certified SSL connection (Secure Socket Layer – Protocol) for the websites during the order process and all contact forms.
Access and change your data
If you provided us with your personal data, you can change this at any time in your account. You can go visit our website and login in your account. Another option is to contact the customer service if you wish to inspect your data which Bretoniere has collected. You can also contact the customer service if these data are incorrect or incomplete. Do you wish your data to be deleted? Then, you can contact us per email via email@example.com.
Changes in this privacy statement
We are allowed to change this statement from time to time. Changes will be announced on our website. It is recommended to consult this statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
If you have any further questions about this privacy statement, then you can contact the customer service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brands: Fred de la Bretoniere / Shabbies Amsterdam
Rietveldenweg 32a, 5222 AR 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Phone number: +31 (0)737 620 600
VAT-number: NL8502.78.119 B01 (all prices are inclusive 21% VAT)